PATHS UP is happy to announce the following winners for this years Seed Fund Application.
This year, $115,000 was awarded in total to 4 faculty and 3 students.
For the faculty awards of $25,000 each were granted to the following:
- Dr. Joshua Hutcheson – Low-cost Assessment of Cardiac Function and Remodeling in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Dr. Souptik Barua – Self-learning from intermittently scanned real-time continuous glucose monitoring in Hispanic/Latino adults with or at risk of type 2 diabetes: a pilot study
- Dr. Samuel Mabbott – Detection of thoracic aortic aneurysms at the point-of-care
- Dr. Gyeo-Re Han & Dr. Hyouarm Joung – Colorimetric signal amplification on a vertical flow assay for high-sensitivity point-of-care testing of CVD biomarkers
For the students awards of $5,000 each were granted to the following:
- Tananant Boonya-ananta – Low-cost mechanical pump-free blood pressure system
- Kianna Arthur – Using counterfactual strategies to understand and promote physical activity behavior in low-socioeconomic status individuals
- Mark van-Zee – Novel glucose-monitoring platform using annealed PicoShell scaffolds